This is the last book in the series of Books for Becca’s wedding, it is the all important guest book! As I am writing this, it is the day before the big event, and I shall take more pictures of the book when it has been fully used by the guests – I might have had a little fizz by then, so we will see how those pictures turn out!
It is in the same style as the previous two books, though much smaller, the pages are a landscape A5 size, rather than the previous A4 and bigger. It is still bound in a simple coptic style and has the crumpled paper and ribbon on the front. Again it is in pink as this is the theme of the wedding!
I made this particular volume some years back for a friend’s hen-do. It is a fantastic little binding, designed to be a keepsake of memories from friends, and would make the prize gift of any hen party. The best part of this book is the contents – lovingly and individually made by the girls together, so the hen will always have a cherished book to remind them of the night and all their closest friends.
ORDER YOUR OWN HEN-DO MEMORY BOOK
- I will send you sheets of paper for the girls to write/draw/collage on in what ever form they like.
- I will include some simple printed instructions, including what direction the writing should be in so that the contents are consistent.
- You give a sheet or more to each of your girls for them to personalise.
- You send the completed pages back to me a minimum of two weeks before your hen-do for me to create the book.
SUGGESTIONS OF CONTENT
- Photographs of you together
- Past memories of school, college and work days
- Drawings and collage cuttings of things to make her laugh.
- Coptic binding, fully bound in coloured paper, with additional crushed decorative paper on the cover and ribbon.
- Guards for each folio are in the same paper as the cover.
- Single folios with guards created each signature, the paper stock was thick to provide bulk and hold photographs.
- Each individual is given a landscape folded folio to be written/drawn/collaged on as they choose. It should be noted that each folio will have guards wrapped at the spine.
For other examples of bespoke bindings, have a look at the bookbinding page of this website.
This particular book was made for my oldest and best friend, who go married some years ago. Well the weekend was her hen-do – a raucous event of karaoke and champagne amongst other things! And, as many hen-do’s do – this one required a hen-do memory book! This duty obviously came my way and I endeavoured to make it well and appealing. The best part of this book was that all the chicks (is that the term??) had a huge input into it, each making their own pages for the book, as apposed to giving me their pictures and notes and me putting it all together. It worked really well as each page had real individuality of that person, and the bride was amazed and thrilled by everyone’s effort.