As promised some time back, I have now made some more stamp paper, the last one was a sort of practice run, this is what I had been planning. I have made them a lot bigger, A2 in fact, and YES they took a REEEAAALLY long time to make!
The plan is to scan them in high quality and then get them properly printed on a nice archival paper. That way I can use them as book covers, end papers and all sorts of wonderful things! I also won’t have to cut these ones up! I might even put these on my wall as they look quite nice in real life – even if I do say so myself!
I have some more in the pipeline, those will be subject specific, a you seem to get so many of the same thing in these bigs bulk packs of stamps, so I am thinking ones with, animals, birds, transport, flowers and maybe a small one with insects!
As I think many of you will have heard me go on about, I am going to have a table at the Crafty Fox Market in Brixton on April 16th (please come along if you’re around), which, now I have done my essay (phew!) I am now really looking forward to. So… in preparation for some more stock, I have been making some paper – stamp paper. Having done it once before for a book for my Dad, I knew it would look nice – and luckily I have not been dissapointed yet –
I have some plans for some more single coloured ones, but that might come in the easter break as they take a while to make! Whilst sticking stamps, I came across one which was amazingly relevant – a stamp showing a small etching of some printers – AMAZING!!
I imagine many of you will be thinking ‘that’s really not very exciting’ – HOWEVER, for a team of 9 who have spent a whole Friday having lectures (very intresting ones mind you) on the history of printing, this is VERY exciting! This little picture is showing one man inking up the block to be printed and the other selecting type from the cases (where the term upper and lower case from, the capitals being in the ‘upper case’).
I’ve also been sent a great flyer from the Crafty Fox Market for the fair on the 16th April, so here it is – spread the word!!
Well it seems that this year is already one for finishing off projects that have been sitting around for several years, the first being the finishing of my quilt squares, which I am very relieved about! And now I have managed to finished my tool kit, which has been sitting around unfinished for two years. I made it too long initially and have been meaning to reduce it in size for a long time. So here it is finished – finally!
As you can see the top folds over and it rolls into a portable tool kit, which has been very useful. My tool kit contains a few scalpels, a cobblers knife, two bonefolders, dentist tools, a japanese brush, a japanese awl, a water pen, nail clippers, scissors, tweezers, a ruler, an eraser and a couple of very nice wooden muji pencils.
This is my Singer sewing machine, which along with my tool kit is a favourite possession of mine. My father bought it for me from a charity shop, and amazingly it had all the original instructions, extra feet, extension plate and all sorts still with it. With some good instructions from my father and his help in installing my new motor for it, I have been making good use of it recently.